Saturday, May 28, 2016

Australia ...



In 2008, I had the privilege of traveling to Australia to speak in over 30 public schools and to share the Gospel in 3 different cities. It was an incredible trip. The churches I served with were on fire for Jesus. They spent much time in prayer and preparation believing God for a harvest. God honored their prep and prayers. While there, we witnessed over 1,000 decisions for the Lord Jesus Christ. It was an extremely fruitful trip!


Those who hosted my travels were very gracious. They took me on a tour around Sydney, carried me to see some of the beautiful coastline, and made it possible for me to walk across the top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. (This was no small task.) I ate fish and chips on the wharf and was introduced to meat pies. On more than one occasion I discussed the difference between American football and Australian football better known as "footy" with my hosts. OK, to be honest, it was more debating than discussing. My Aussie friends are as passionate about footy as I am about football. Nevertheless, we all agreed that whether it is footy or football the athletes that compete in both are world class for sure.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit Australia, I strongly encourage it. The food is incredible, the cities are exciting, the beaches are beautiful, and the people are even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment