Monday, June 27, 2016

A World War I Veteran Still Speaks ...

The testimony of a World War I veteran still speaks as loudly and clearly as it did on the day he shared it and many of us need to hear it.

Former President Ronald Reagan shared the simple yet powerful words of Private Martin A. Treptow in his first inaugural address illustrating how we all need to accept personal responsibility. The private's now famous words were discovered after he was killed on a mission in France during the war. On the pages of his personal diary were written, "I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the issue of the whole struggle depended on me alone."

From the grave, the private's testimony still speaks, Be Responsible ...


We must no longer sit and wait on someone else to do what we are capable of doing. We must no longer cast the blame on others when things are not getting done. We must quit talking about what is not right around us and take personal responsibility to do our part to make these things right.

Consider this: You have a voice and talents that the world around you needs. Use them in responsible ways to bring about positive change.

Go make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment